Have you been considering changing up your morning commute? Maybe you’ve always driven your car before, but you think there has to be a better way.
What you’ll find is that riding a bike comes with a lot of advantages. A few of them include the following:
- It’s excellent physical exercise that fits easily into the day. You can lose weight, improve your cardiovascular health and much more.
- It’s cheaper than owning a car. You never have to buy gas, pay for parking or pay for repairs.
- It’s great for the environment. You cannot fully stop pollution on your own, but you can do your part to reduce the amount of contaminants being released into the atmosphere.
- It’s good for your mind. It gives you some alone time without distractions. It helps you relax and focus. Like other forms of exercise, it helps to eliminate stress.
- It’s convenient. Let’s be honest, driving in a city like Los Angeles is not always that enjoyable. Why sit in a traffic jam for hours when you could just pedal around the backup?
- It gets you involved with the local biking community. You meet other commuters and people who just ride for fun. You create friendships and relationships. Driving a car is a very individual activity that cuts you off from the world around you, but riding a bike is exactly the opposite.
Unfortunately, cycling to work does bring with it some real risks. Drivers may not do enough to share the road. If you get injured in an accident, make sure you know all of your legal rights to compensation.